Thursday, March 19, 2020

Physics Girl

Because of the coronavirus, I had to transform my introductory physics course from in-person to online (in two days!). I thought: If I’m going to teach remotely, I might as well use some of the excellent resources that are available on the internet. This led me to Physics Girl.

Dianna Cowern produces funny and informative videos about physics. Some even deal with medical and biological physics. Below I have embedded a few about biomechanics, sound perception, sun screen, color vision, magnetic resonant imaging, and bioelectricity.

If you’re studying from Intermediate Physics for Medicine and Biology, consider these videos as supplementary material. If you like them, plenty more are at the Physics Girl YouTube channel.

Happy Physicsing!

Testing what exercise actually does to your butt.

What stretching actually does to your body.

Can you guess this note? Perfect pitch and physics.

Sunscreen in the UV.

Does this look like white to you?

The projector illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment