Friday, August 31, 2007

Preface

From the Preface to the 3rd edition of Intermediate Physics for Medicine and Biology, Russell Hobbie wrote
Between 1971 and 1973 I audited all the courses medical students take in their first two years at the University of Minnesota. I was amazed at the amount of physics I found in these courses and how little of it is discussed in the general physics course. I found a great discrepancy between the physics in some of the papers in the biological research literature and what I knew to be the level of understanding of most biology majors or premed students who have taken a year of physics. It was clear that an intermediate-level physics course would help these students. It would provide the physics they need and would relate it directly to the biological problems where it is useful. This book is the result...

No comments:

Post a Comment